Below is a text highlights of The School of Power By Apostle Joshua Selman At KOINONIA Abuja (11th | June | 2023)
One of the major assignments of The Holy Spirit is to reveal the ways of God to the believer.There are results that simply cannot happen solely based on the strength of the flesh.It takes time for the excellency of the spirit life to manifest; be patient. Sometimes, you just need to keep doing what you’re doing and be consistent. It’s not about starting, even failures start something. But champions are the ones who persist until they finish.
TWO FOUNDATIONS FOR TONIGHT’S SERMON:
1. God is the all powerful God. (Jeremiah 32:17; Psalm 62:11)
Three attributes of God He did not share with man:
1. Omnipresence: It refers to His ability to be present everywhere simultaneously.
2. Omnipotence: The term “potent” denotes power, and God does outsource His power.
3. Omniscience: God possesses complete knowledge of all things.
What is Power?
1. Power is the ability to accomplish and influence various outcomes (human, financial, or spiritual).
2. It is the force that compels compliance (obedience).“Say unto God, How terrible art Thou in Thy works! Through the greatness of Thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.”Psalm 66:3 (KJV)You can recognize the presence of power through the manifestation of obedience to the will and dictates of the person exhibiting power.
Every result in life, and in God’s kingdom is attributed to power. The hallmark of dominion is not knowledge but power. What you know is useless if you cannot use it to alter your destiny.
The power of God, at work in the life of a believer, operates exclusively through faith.Power is faith dependent; they work hand in hand. The assignment of faith is to connect you to the power of God, but it is the power of God that actually brings about the desired result.
The assignment of faith is to serve as a conduit for the power of God to flow. Everywhere the power of God is dispensed, there is always a demand for obedience. Three Levels/ Dimensions Through Which The
Power of God is Accessed and Released:
1. The power that has been programmed into laws and principles. (Genesis 8:22). _This dimension of power is based on understanding, not relationship. Adherence to these laws trigger the release of the power of God. There are many access points of power; however, the believer must be constrained to adhering to the principles revealed in scriptures. Ignorance of this has led many into engaging in extra-biblical practices.Three Levels/ Dimensions Through Which The Power of God is Accessed and Released:
2. The power that is accessed through intimacy and the pursuit of God: This is the highest dimension of power, that can be accessed by the believer. It comes as a reward for your intimacy with God, which requires more than an understanding of laws and principles.The power that comes through intimacy is marvellous in its operation. There are realms of power still untapped that only genuine hunger and passion for God can unlock.
The expression of the supernatural remains elusive without the presence of sound.Fire, with its enigmatic nature, has the power to reduce all things to their basic components.The earth serves as a mystical nexus, connecting us to both physicality and substance.Water symbolizes abundance and holds significant importance. (Genesis 1:21) A staggering 70% of our planet comprises water, granting it access to every human body and representing a mysterious force of creation.
For the power of God to be expressed on earth, at least one of these five elements must be involved:
1. Light (John 1:5) 2. Sound (Ezekiel 37:7, Acts 2:1-2) 3. Fire (Exodus 3:2) 4. Earth (Jeremiah 22:29) 5. Water (Genesis 1:20, 1John 5:8)
The greatest advantage we have as believers, surpassing the elements of creation, is the power in the name of Jesus.With the name of Jesus, we have been empowered for victory. With His name, we can command extraordinary possibilities.
To download The Audio Message Click Below