The Video Sharing Website is a basic PHP/MySQLi project that allows website users to upload videos for online sharing. This project draws inspiration from YouTube, one of the most well-known and widely used video-sharing websites (YT).
About This Project
Register. The user must register on this system in order to upload and exchange video clips.
Upload. When uploading a video or clip on the website, the user should navigate their page to the “My Uploads” page which displays a list of all videos they have posted.
The upload form will then open up after the user clicks the “Upload” button in the page’s upper right corner. This feature and some of the User Interface are still influenced by YouTube and are simple to use.
Note that the user must submit the form by clicking the “Upload” button on the upload modal before the user’s chosen video is automatically uploaded to the website.
When the user selects the video to upload, the chosen video or clip has a preview area that is located at the right side of the upload modal.
Add a Thumbnail. The user can also add a thumbnail or poster image for the clip to display.
Count the Views. The system also tracks the number of times each user’s clip is viewed by other users or website visitors.
How to run the Project
- Download the source code and extract the zip file.
- Download or set up any local web server that runs PHP script.
- Open the web-server database and create a new database name it vss_db.
- Import the SQL file located in the database folder of the source code.
- Copy and paste the source code to the location where your local web server accessing your local projects. Example for XAMPP(‘C:\xampp\htdocs’)
- Open a web browser and browse the project. http://localhost/video_sharing